:: Franchising Process
[click thumbnail above to view large image]
:: Procedure For Opening Water Refilling Station
HOW TO OPEN A WATER STORE?
Before you proceed, please be advised that you will
need approximately 150 customers to cover your monthly
operating expenses and an additional 50 customers if you
are repaying a business loan.
Realistically, a retail water store will need time to
build customer base. Depending on your location, you
might have to be prepared to support the operation from
your own pocket anywhere from one to two months, at the
1) First, you need to choose a location and go through
the leasing process. As in most business ventures
remember, location, location, and location. It is very
important to your success. If you are looking at "new
shopping plaza" - the lease negotiation might take from
3-6 months from the time of your request. Also consider
that with "new shopping plaza", the leasehold
improvements expenses will be higher than normal.
2) When you sign your lease, check your phone book and
visit an existing Water Stores. Talk to different owners
about the business. This will give you an idea if you
seriously want to own a water store. At this time, you
may consider many different designs for your store.
Water Station will help you with a floor plan and give
you step-by-step instructions on what you need to do to
get your store ready.
3) You will need mechanical drawings for your leasehold
improvements. Make sure you find someone who can provide
you with the drawings, Water Station will only provide
you with a store layout - which the mechanical drawings
will be based on. Most landlords need to approve the
mechanical drawings, check with your landlord before
There are times when the business owner negotiates free
rent and it is important that you take advantage of this
period and get your doors opened as soon as possible.
There are leasehold improvements that need to be done
such as electrical, plumbing for water lines and floor
sinks along with an equipment room, finished ceilings,
flooring and walls. We will give you step-by-step
instructions on what needs to be done.
4) While you are waiting for your lease to finalize,
check with your city's building department what kind of
building permits do you need. This will speed up the
process since building permit issuance normally takes
2-4 weeks. Please be advised that outside store signage
also requires a building permit and requires a separate
application to the city. Your landlord will need to
approve the signage before you can apply for a city
5) Once your building permit is issued, this is the time
to order your equipments to us. 50% of the payments are
normally due upon placing the order and the remaining
50% upon installation (for cash payment). We believe
that you can probably have your store opened in four to
six weeks from the time you start your leasehold
6) Once you are ready for the equipment, we will do the
installation and start up process for you.
7) Water testing may be required by your local health
8) Posters to hang around the store are also important.
This is a part of your marketing materials.
9) We can discuss marketing and sales promotion while
you are waiting for the construction and installation to
10) Inventory should be ordered 2 weeks before your
opening date. It is important to do it early just in
case the supplier does not have them on stock.
11) Outside store signage must be installed before
opening your store.
12) Congratulations!! You are now open for business.
:: Business Permit List Of Requirements
1. Authorization Letter For The Representative
2. Franchise Letter Of Consent (if franchise)
3. Xerox Copy Of Any Valid I.D.’S Of Representative and
(SSS, TIN, Voter’s, Passport, Drivers License)
4. Payment For The Business
5. Filled-up DTI form
2. Barangay (for Business Permit)
4. Contract Of Lease
5. Authorization For The Representative
6. Payment For Mayor’s Permit
7. Fire Inspection Certificate
8. Environmental Certificate
9. Sanitary Permit
a. Medical Certification of 2 Personnel
b. Water test (Bacteriological Test & Physicochemical
10. Filled-up application form
2. Mayors Permit
3. Authorization For The Representative
4. Payment For BIR Registration
*Different localities have different requirements,
knowing the requirement of your Municipalities, this
will speed up the process.
*Receipt / Stickers (As Per Required Quantity)